What is Hemp & CBD?
CBD is the shortened term for cannabidiol. This substance is one of the main chemical constituents of cannabis. Hemp and cannabis contain cannabinoid that are known to have effects on the human endocannabinoid system. While some chemicals such as THC are known to cause euphoria, as well as other medical uses, CBD works on the body without causing the same type of intoxication as THC. It is not psychoactive in the basic sense, which means CBD doesn’t make you high. It’s also a different compound than THC, so it won’t show up on a drug test either. CBD is extracted from the leaves and flowers of cannabis plants, and once it’s isolated from the rest of the plant, it can be incorporated into a plethora of other products, from sublingual oils, to gummy bears and even topical anti-inflammatory lotion.
How its extracted: Carbon dioxide extraction of essential compounds and oils is a very flexible process that involves the use of expensive equipment to extract specific compounds from raw plant material with absolutely no solvent leftover.
What are the effects of CBD?
• Joint Pain Relief: CBD stimulates the adenosine receptor. When this receptor is stimulated, scientist have found that it can strongly inhibit the sensation of pain. It’s so effective that scientist are considering its use for medically treating severe pain.
• Soothes Inflammation: The CBD in hemp oil reduces inflammation by modulating the activity of specific immune cells that promote inflammation. This means that hemp oil can eliminate inflammation at its source, resulting in reduced joint stiffness, pain, and discomfort.
• Balances the Immune System: Sometimes joint issues are caused by an overactive immune system that attacks your own joint tissues. Studies suggest that the CBD in hemp oil can help rebalance the immune system, resulting in fewer symptoms from diseases.
• CBD has been shown alleviate and reduce symptoms of the following:
Certain types of cancer
• Skin: CBD can help with skin issues from the everyday dry skin to more severe conditions such as acne and even skin cancer.
• Cancer: Experimental studies indicate towards CBD’s efficacy in the modulation of cancerous cells in different types of cancer. Medical trial suggest that CBD can sustain the process involving phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, a family of enzymes linked to an array of cellular processes such as growth and proliferation, this time connected to cancer and possibly its inhibition.
• Diabetes: CBD, due to its antioxidant properties, might be used in the treatment of patients who have diabetes. Studies have shown that CBD can aid in treating insulin resistance due to its powerful anti-inflammatory benefits.
• Addiction: Clinical trials including smokers showed that cannabidiol extract inhalation helped participants smoke up to 40% fewer cigarettes.
• By regulating the productions of signals in your cells, acting as an antioxidant, and activating several different types of receptors in your body, CBD is able to exert a number of therapeutic effects with NO negative side-effects yet discovered. Combine all of these factors, and it becomes clear that CBD is ultimately an immunostimulant, and has been found to have substantial capacity for treating the following symptoms and diseases:
o Alzheimer’s disease
o arthritis, including rheumatism
o Crohn’s disease
o traumatic brain injury
o ulcerative colitis
o kidney disease
o multiple sclerosis
o Parkinson’s disease
o post-concussion syndrome
o residual limb pain
o seizures, especially those characteristic of epilepsy
o Tourette’s syndrome